Monday, October 6, 2008

Halloween


This is supposedly a Michael Jackson mask. Now, if that isn't scary, I don't know what is. And, I'm pretty sure I couldn't pull this off, but seriously...What should I dress up as for Halloween?

I guess everyone at work totally gets into Halloween and dressing up is mandatory. So, consider that it must be something that won't freak out my patients so bad that they don't let me come near them (aka freaky Michael Jackson). And, preferably something that I could perform my job in without too much difficulty. So, I guess that means the monkey man is out.



Please comment with any ideas. I am so bad at picking something to dress up as. Although...I once won most creative costume in middle school. I dressed up as an Oreo cookie. I wore all white spandex (HOT I know) and tied two cardboard circles that were painted black over my shoulders. Yeah, looking back that wasn't even that cool or creative. So as you can see, I need serious HELP!!!

In other news, the Cubs let us all down again. But, as a true cubs fan is really good at... all I can say is, "Well, there's always next year." Derek and I just returned from Vegas. I partied with my Oregonian girls who now all live in Vegas, and he drove to catch the Oregon vs. USC game at USC. I am officially a PA-C (aka I passed my exam for those of you who missed that). I love my job. Derek loves his. I have been deemed the Queen of Testicles as I did five well male exams (including the turn and cough test) on my first day. What a way to start off!!! And, I don't think Derek has any cool nicknames yet- he works with a bunch of boring lawyers all day though so what can you expect?

12 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry, i have no great Halloween ideas. Except that you should come and visit because Cara and I were talking about how much we miss you and Dustin hasn't mentioned your name in a while.

Emily said...

All hale the queen of testicles. Dang Chels, that's a full day's work.

Good luck finding a good costume, I have no suggestions. All that's coming to me is characters from all of Easton's shows. Wiggles, Dora, etc...

So fun to see you!

Christi said...

I have never had such a cool nick name as that!!!!
I am not very good on halloween costumes either. Reagan is being a fairy and Alice is being a pumpkin fairy. Whatever you decide make sure you post pictures. You could always be a testicle and bring you name to life :)

ashley said...

Go to Burger King and get a crown to wear... all of your male patients will feel comforted to know they are getting an exam from the best Queen-PA.

{Remember when the boys from 157 dressed up in the monkey man suit during conference and came and scared us through the kitchen window?!}

Lima Bean said...

This totally does not count as a comment solicitation. If you have a real question that you want people to answer, a blog is the perfect place for it! I just hate when people ask when they don't really care that much.

That said, one year (pre-kiddos when I was working at an office) I cut out a P from construction paper, pinned it to my shirt and painted black around my eyes and called myself a "black-eyed pea" No one could ever guess what I was and it was the hit of the day. It's a low maintenance costume and you don't have to buy anything.

We miss you!

Ilene said...

Slutty Nurse.

That is totally work appropriate. I bet your male patients wouldn't mind.

PJ Productions said...

You should totally be a nice vampire like Bella or Esme or on of them. That's what I wanted to do but there is no ward party on Halloween so I am not doing it.

Pound Fi'ty said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your job!!

Kari Ann said...

I haven't been on blogs forever, I have missed so much! It looks like everything is going great in the BIG NYC...I am glad.

Jeff said...

Michael Jackson. Get Derek one too. The only thing worse than one MJ is, well, two Michaels.

Mary said...

Costumes, costumes. Let's see tonight for YW I went all out--grabbed a smashed hat Bridget pulled out and put waterproof liquid eyeliner onr a couple of teeth (that's always my stand by--blacked out teeth). Good luck!

Sarah said...

Definately go with the Michael Jackson Mask, that is the scariest thing i have ever seen, that would be a hit!!!!