Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Chelsea vs. Civilization

I don't know how many of you have seen that Man vs. Wild show on the discovery channel, but the other day there was an episode where he was trying to survive the desert of I think it was Moab. Anyways, he was getting super hot, so he decided to urinate on his shirt and wrap it around his head to help cool himself down. EEEEWWW... I know!

Anyways, I wanted to share a similar experience I had today only not in the wild and not on purpose. So, I'm at the family practice clinic where I am supposed to be seeing patients (cleanliness and very important part of the whole thing). I take a short break to go to the restroom. I must note that was wearing a long skirt today. So, I do my buisness in there, and as I am walking out, the back on my long skirt hits my calf, and I feel this frightening wet sensation. I look down and sure enough there is a huge wet spot. I pick it up and sort of sniff it...yep, it totally reaks of urine! There I am at the clinic. I am supposed to be going in to see another patient, and I have no other clothes. So, I duck into an empty room and pull the edge of my skirt into the sink and start flushing it with copious amouts of clean water. Then, I am using paper towel after paper towel to pat it dry. It still has a slight smell of urine (yuck!) So, before going in with the next patient I find some overwhelmingly frangranted hand lotion to rub on my hands and hope that will cover up the underlying urine smell. Then, I head into the room with the patient. Nobody mentioned anything. Needless to say...as soon as I got home that skirt was off. YUCK YUCK YUCK!

Anyways, I must make a little shout out to my dear friend Stephanie whom I know just had a birthday and I didn't even shoot her an email. But, I always entertain her with what we call my Amazing Grace stories. So, here's another one for you Steph and all other firends (if we can still be friends after this) who read this.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Chelsea! Sorry about the whole phone thing last night. But it was a GREAT 5 minutes talking to you! Okay, so Alex had a small bout of insomnia last week, so he turned on the t.v. and saw that exact same episode. He woke me up to tell me about the guy who put pee on his head. The next morning he said "do you remember that show I told you about?" Uhhh . . . you woke me up at 2:00 in the morning and tried to have a conversation with me. NO I don't remember!

Emily said...

Um, that's one of the funniest stories ever! You're basically just like that guy on man versus wild. You can do anything!

I saw an episode where the guy drank his urine...at lease you didn't have to do that. I hope...

Ilene said...

Chelsea, NOW I finally know why doctors' offices always smell funny!

Mystery solved.

Pacers said...

Classic amazing grace story. Love it. Thanks for the shout out about my berfday too!

Alifinale said...

Chelsea that is so gross/funny! Maybe you should learn from this experience and keep an extra set of clothes in your car. But, you managed pretty well with what you had. Did you tell anyone at work? I probably wouldn't.

Chelsea said...

I told one person at work. I had to tell someone. I couldn't keep the complete dorkiness that had just occured all to myself.

Tara said...

Wow Chelsea - 24 years old (I think!) and your still not fully potty trained?! kidding, kidding! I did something similar one time I'll have to tell you about it in private though because it way too embarrassing to post here.

Well I'm glad you were able to make it through such a predicament!!

ashley said...

This reminds me of two potty stories about you - one was freshman year at the library, confusion between rooms, and the second was you on a date with Derek at Red Robin (I think?)... ha ha, keep the stories coming!

Chelsea said...

Just so everyone knows...that bathroom accident on a date with Derek involves a tampon string getting lost up...there.

observant moron said...

Sounds like civilization won this battle. Don't give up though, you'll figure the potty thing out soon enough and win the war.