Saturday, May 19, 2007
Rotations- Week 1
I survived week one. I finished my first year of PA school with great grades, so I guess you would think I know something. However, after week one of rotations, I now know that I really don't know anything. At least I feel that way. Aside from knowing very little about anything I was able to see some pretty interesting things this week. Let me list a few: vasectomy (very cool procedure, but watching the guy's face as he entered the world of sterility is what really made the experience worthwhile), home visit to a patient diagnosed with terminal lung cancer to discuss his physician assisted suicide request (shed some tears after that one), rounding in the hospital (I felt like one of the cast of Gray's antomy), and of course ridding the world of many a strep throat infections (see I do play a role in making this world a better place).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Alright Chelsea! Welcome! And congrats on doing so well your first year, that is great! Looks like you get to do some traveling. That should be fun...but where the heck is Aumsville???
YEAH!!! Chels, I'm so excited. I hope you write often. I hope you are enjoying your new place! Love you!
Ha ha!! That's awesome!! LOVE YOU CHELS!!!!
Chelsea, so glad you have a blog. We don't ... well, we have a very old one that I don't update. This is all to say, I'm proud of you, and I should probably do something to update ours.
And, good luck with your residency. My friend is at the tail end of hers, and it's been a ride. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully, but as you've seen, you're in for some very heart wrenching experiences. So was my friend. I'm glad you write about them. Hope all is well with you guys! Love you.
Way to succomb to peer pressure! This is definitely a blog I will look forward to reading... similar to the monthly updates from the "Thoughts of Chelsea" book - good times, good times.
p.s. We miss you so much, but I'm so proud of you for doing so well in school!
Aumsville for those of you who don't know is about 10 miles east of South Salem. It's in the middle of farm country. Very pretty, very interesting patients.
Glad you finally joined the fun times in the blogging world! My blog is alifinale.blogspot.com
Welcome to blogging, Chels! Sounds like your first week of rotations went good. Labeled any of the doctors McDreamy yet?
Yay Chelsea!! What a fun and interesting job you have. Although, I do play a lot of tetris during the day so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Welcome to blogland friend!
The world of sterility sounds like a fun one indeed.
Post a Comment